I/we declare that:
- I/We understand that there is no obligation to provide personal information but failure to do so may prejudice my chance of obtaining finance. I declare that the information contained in this application is true and correct.
- I/We have also disclosed any other names I am known under.
- I/We are aware that if we have deliberately provided false information in this application, I/we could face fraud or dishonesty charges in the courts.
Privacy Act Acknowledgement, Authorisation and How the Information Will Be Used by Onyx Finance Ltd
- I/We authorise Onyx Finance Ltd and all related companies (as defined in the Companies Act 1993) to use and disclose the personal information I have provided to undertake all necessary enquiries and request, collect, check and exchange information (both now and in the future), including but not limited to personal, commercial and financial information about me and references, from:
- Any Credit Reporting Agency credit provider The NZTA (NZ Transport Agency),
- Ministry of Justice,
- My employer(s),
- Or any other source
- I/We understand and authorise Onyx Finance Ltd to assess my creditworthiness, providing credit to me, administering and enforcing this Agreement, offering me insurance, maintaining credit records with Onyx Finance, a related company and external agencies, marketing goods and services provided by OnyxFinance, a related company or any other supplier nominated by us.
- I/We also authorise Onyx Finance to disclose information about any loan arising out of this application to any potential assignee of this loan, guarantor or to any person providing services in connection with refinancing this loan, or to any person or organisation I have authorised to obtain information, at any time in the future.
- I/We acknowledge and agree that in order to facilitate a Credit Reporting Agency’s credit reporting services Onyx Finance will disclose to such agency information about me for that purpose, including any updates of such information. The Credit Reporting Agency will hold that information on their systems for that purpose. Onyx Finance will also collect and disclose my positive credit information including repayment history to credit reporters. If I default in my payment obligations to Onyx Finance, I understand that the information about that default may be given to any Credit Reporting Agency and they may give that information about my default to other Credit Reporting Agency customers.
- I/We understand that Onyx Finance will meet its obligations to me under the Privacy Act 2020
- I/We understand that such information will be held by Onyx Finance at their business address and by other parties for the purposes described above.
- I/We understand that I have the right to access and correct personal information held about me in accordance with the Privacy Act 2020
- I/We I confirm that I do not have any outstanding traffic, parking or other fines, do not have a criminal record and am not a undischarged bankrupt
Personal Property Securities Act 1999
- I/We waive my right to receive Verification Statements or Financing Change Statements under the PPSA. I acknowledge that I am able to request such statements by contacting Onyx Finance in writing.
- I/We agree that Onyx Finance may use electronic communication (including email and SMS/text message) for the purpose of making disclosure to me pursuant to the Credit Contracts and Consumer Finance Act 2003, providing me with notices and/or changes to Onyx Finance Terms and Conditions and/or any other reason such as marketing of services and products.
- The internet is used on a day to day basis and it’s important to us to assist our customers to retain their privacy when using our website. We are committed to protecting your privacy by complying with the Privacy Act 2020.
Information We Collect
- Please carefully read the information requested on the application as all this information may be forwarded to a third party, this will include your credit report, your full name, date of birth, drivers licence details, number of dependants, address history, employment history, contact details, your financial liabilities and assets, your financial monthly income and expenditure and any personal additional information that you may supply.
- Personal information that our site collects is the applicants full name and date of birth, driver’s license number, current residence, home address and the term the applicant has been living at that address, previous address and term the applicant lived at the address, all phone numbers, e-mail address, employees details including phone numbers, previous employer, partner’s employer (if a joint application), phone number, number of dependants. It will also collect all your financial details – monthly income for applicant and partner (if a joint application) and Other Income, Monthly expenses, Rates/ Insurances, HP/Credit Cards, Other expenses. Also Assets, Home/Contents/Vehicle/Other and Liabilities, Mortgage/Rent/HP – Credit Cards/Other. All the information that our site collects is on the application page. We will collect any information directly from you, unless otherwise authorised by you or the law. We collect your information in a lawful manner.
How this information will be used
- The information collected from applicants will be used by the employees of Onyx Finance Ltd and any third party finance companies that the application may be submitted to for the purpose of obtaining credit.
- Company Transferring Data to Third Party Companies. I/We understand that the personal information may be transmitted between ourselves or by you to any third party (for assessing credit and for obtaining finance) using facsimile and/or electronic mail. I/ We acknowledge that there are security risks associated with the electronic and facsimile transmission of information.
- Re-marketing providing you with information about our products and services, and in some cases, the products and services of selected third parties.
- Opting Out or to Modify Personal Information- If you are not happy with any of the above or wish to opt-out, please do not hit the submit key or if you wish to edit the application please do so before submitting. We are very happy to discuss any concerns that you may have by phoning 06 354 2129 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Onyx Finance Ltd, PO Box 1714, Palmerston North.
- Opting Out Marketing Media – If you have received any marketing information which you do not wish to receive and require an ‘opt out’ option, please phone us on 06 354 2129 or emailing email@example.com or in writing to Onyx Finance Ltd, PO Box 1714, Palmerston North.
Sharing Your Information
- Generally, we will only disclose your personal information with your consent or if required or as permitted by New Zealand law.
Links to other Websites
- Our site may contain a number of links to third party websites and online resources that are not owned or controlled by Onyx Finance. If we have provided links to any third party site for your assistance, this does not imply that we share or endorse the opinions expressed or material appearing on such websites. We therefore do not assume responsibility for the content or practices of any of these third parties. We strongly advise that you read the privacy statements of the sites you visit as a result of following a link posted on our site.
I/We acknowledge that I/We have read/accepted the above Privacy Declaration & Authorisation